Friday, March 4, 2011

Last day of the journal!

So I have this journal that I got as a gift for my 18th birthday and for the past 5 years I've been writing my thoughts and events in my life into this little book. Well last night I filled that last page. It felt good. It felt like I had just finished something for the first time in a long time.

It made me think that I never put on here my yearly tradition of the things I've learned in the past year. So here ya go!

22 Things I've learned while 22
  1. God loves me and there’s nothing I can do to earn it nor do I need to.
  2. My number one goal in life is to be who God wanted me to be and I love working toward that goal.
  3. I am the only one keeping me from my dreams and that’s a struggle everyday but at least now I realize this fact.
  4. Delay the good for the great.
  5. Where you are in life is because of all the choices you made so stop acting like a victim and take responsibility.
  6. All it takes is one decision to change everything in your life.
  7. My attitude when I went back to school second semester of freshman year was “I will do everything I’ve been too afraid to do and do it well” and that was my happiest time in life. I’m going back to that.
  8. I have learned SOOOOO much about marriage in the last year and I’m not even married! Can’t wait to learn more, especially as a wife.
  9. I love giving people gifts. It is the best feeling in the world to give something that makes them realize how much you care and know them.
  10. It’s a good thing that I’m required to talk to people everyday so I don’t let my shy girl attitude stay very long.
  11. If I don’t give myself enough quite time in the day so I can hear myself think, I go crazy.
  12. Logan humbles me every day by how much he loves and cares for me.
  13. I am so excited that my friends are starting families because now I get to be an aunt! It is the most fun to play with a baby, even if they cry.
  14. Action and growth solves everything.
  15. Working out is an issue for me if it’s not fun like when I was in show choir… I’m working on making it fun again so I can get the body I know is hiding in me.
  16. Speaking something into existence is SO TRUE!
  17. My mom is the strongest woman I know.
  18. I’ve realized how messed up my thought process has been the past few years and especially 4 years ago and am amazed that I have friends, let alone a boyfriend who still love me.
  19. It is not enough to want something with all your being, you have to put the action in to get it!
  20. I refuse to settle for anything less than everything!
  21. I am stronger than I think I am.
  22. I am loving the fact that I get to do things most people won’t so I can live the way most people can’t even imagine! I am so looking forward to this year! 2011 and my 23rd year is going to be MY YEAR!


Here's to my next journal and the next 5 years!
~Jenny

No comments: