Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Alive







So I am alive. I know my family has been telling everyone about my accident but I wanted to let everyone know I'm okay. On Sunday afternoon at about one thirty I believe I went to go pick up jessie from her friends house. All I remember is driving down the gravel road to the intersection . . . and that's all I remember.






After that I just remember waking up in the ambulance looking at an old classmate from showchoir who was taking my vitals I believe and then my mom was sitting in there too. I thought it was a dream. They kept asking what day it wasand what my name was and for the life of me I couldn't remember what day it was but I passed the name test. We got to the hospital and they were finally able to put an IV in me (im known to have difficult veins) and then they had to take the glass out of my back and arm ... and everywhere else. They also took me to have my head scanned but if you asked me what kind of scan I wouldnt be able to answer you.






I did finally accept that the accident did really happen and that I was the only one hurt and jessie was still at her friends. The bad thing is Logan was supposed to call me at about the time the accident happened and he and I were going to hang out. SO since I left my cell at home (thinking I'd only be gone for 20 mins) Logan had no idea what was going on for 4 hours. I kept asking my parents to call him to let him know what was going on but they made a good point that if all they could say was I was in the hospital and had been in an accident he might have freaked.






The hospital finally released me and I got to wear some very attractive scrubs home since they didnt know how much glass was still in my clothes. We got my pain meds and headed home. My mom called Logan at that time and luckily he didnt freak out too bad. He did come over right away.






Now I am doing better but we did go see my car today and that freaked me out a bit. I can see why mom and dad were surprised I wasn't really injured. I'm still unable to sit up for longer than 45 mins and I fall alseep at least every hour and a half. And I walk funny. I go to the doctor tomorrow to get a check up so we'll see if I'm doing alright.
Here's to surviving!!!!
~Jenny





1 comment:

sunsearcher said...

Jenny,
We love you and are praying for a full and painless recovery. Thank you for surviving!
Don't look at the pictures anymore, there is a reason we don't remember.