Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Getting to be that time of year

So why is it that whenever the sun goes away all heck breaks loose? Seriously whenever fall and winter get here stress happens. But it's okay. I get way too excited for Thanksgiving, my birthday, Christmas(s) and of course New Years.

For one thing Logan has been having an issue with his knee for over a week now and last Friday it got so bad that it was swollen to the size of a grapefruit. We elevated it and put ice on it and made him rest which by the way is very difficult to do with someone who always wants to be doing something! Then we finally went to the Dr on Monday where he had to get an X-ray and blood work done. The Dr said the blood work was to test for gout, lupus... and all sorts of things that I knew darn well are NOT good if they come back positive. So I'm praying that the meds he was given work to reduce the swelling enough so that he can walk without pain and the xray will give the Dr a clue to whats going on. Really don't want surgery. That will not go over well.

So we've been keeping positive and watching movies and trying to keep occupied while doing the whole ice and elevation routine. I have a HUGE respect for mothers who are required to do this for their kids. I was helping voluntarily so I could've left any moment I wanted to I didn't but still it would be a different feeling if I were "locked" in that apartment.

I did get to visit with Grandma and Grandpa one day last week and Mom, Dad and Jessie on Sunday. I love my family. Grandma and Grandpa mom and I met at Bob Evans after I got off work and yay for warm cooked food that I didn't make! lol. I got to learn about how people in our family planned their weddings and such. Don't ask how we got on that subject I have no idea lol. Then with Mom and Dad and Jessie we got to eat lunch together which was delicious! It seems that after I moved out Mom decided to learn alot of new recipes because almost every time I go home it's something new! We all watched Transformers 2 together which was fun. I miss doing that as a family. Dad talking about the graphics, Jessie's butt ringing off the hook but telling everyone to shush because she's trying to hear and mom getting bombarded with Lilly needing attention. :-)

So I have yet to get a Christmas tree for my apartment which is sad. This year I have been especially craving one. Yes craving is the right word. I don't know if I'm "nesting" or something but I really want to do Christmas decorations and all that fun stuff. It doesn't help that at work the new way to entice customers is to make our store look as festive as possible so I've been wrapping fake presents and all that.

But guess what? I came home today from work and found a Christmas tree, ornaments and lights from Logan waiting for me! Oh my gosh definitely cried and danced and ripped open everything to put it together! I am now happily listening to Christmas music on Pandora and decorating. Couldn't be happier except if it were closer to Christmas ... or at least my birthday ;-)

Well that's my update for everyone. I hope the beginning of the holiday season is going well for everyone!

I love you all and God Bless!

~Jenny

No comments: